Yaadein na jaye : Almora

Section A. Travelogue.
Where the beauty speaks to you in Almora.
Dr. Madhup Raman

Beginning and Dedication:
I dedicate my this travelogue story to the great romantic poet Shree Sumitra Nandan Pant whose birthplace has been 
at Kausani  then in Almora district has
Sumitranandan Pant 
deep impression, influences remained over my young mind throughout my life. Once I was the student of matriculation in Bihar Board in 1978 I used to read the poems of Sumitranandan Pant  Sukh Dukh that left too much efficacy over me. And I decided to visit Kausani and Almora 
indeed once in my life.   
I visited Almora twice in my life. Once in 2008 and again in 2015 while I was going to Kausani from Nainital. Both times I passed through the highway having a bird's eye view over Almora at 1600 meters altitude. I remember while passing through Almora my driver was playing  a very popular song of a film Aandhi 1974 Ek Mode Se Jaate Hain... 
Really I was the passer that time but second time in 2015 I was coming back from Kausani  I stayed there for 3 to 4 hours. 
portrait of the Nature.
Then I with my co travellers , Dr Prashant, Gujrat, Sanjay Biharsharif visited Jageshwar Temple complex Almora just about 20 kilometers away from Almora town. It was through the shadow of deodars and pines I could not forget found myself spelt bound with the unmatched untold beauty of Almora. Passing through the dear park watching the sunsetting landscapes of Almora it was looking like a nice portrait of any perfect artist.
I am lucky enough so that I have a great fellow namely Raj Kishan resident of Almora stands with me and you to explore Almora once again in a very unique way for you all new comers and  travellers coming first time in Almora. Whatever we  experienced about cultural, social and natural beauties we altogether are refreshing our memories sharing our experiences with you all. Be with us. We assure your happiness. Thanking you.
Present :  The 27th state Uttrakhand was carved out from Uttar Pradesh and framed in 9th of November 2000 presently consisting of 13 districts under two divisions a.Garhwal  b.Kumaon regions with its capital Dehradun.
Almora stands itself as a district with its headquarter Almora based on an average hight of 1600 meter has a cool climate throughout the year. 
Worth seeing places : Almora dots itself as an ancient capital of Kumaon has many different places of the attractions for the tourists to be seen are 
What else to see in Almora.
a. Kasar Devi Temple, 
b. Chitai Golu Devta Temple, 
c. Khagrama Temple, 
d. Nanda Devi Temple, 
e. Budden memorial Methodist Church, 
f.  Murali Manohar Mandir, 
g. Mrig Vihar Zoo, 
h. Katarmal Surya Temple, 
i. Crank's Ridge 
j. Gairar Golu Dham.

Research.
Dr. Madhup Raman
with  Raj Kishan.
Photos and Clicks
to be continued.....

Section B. Youtube Films
Link to watch the beauty of Almora.
Film made by Raj Kishan. Simply click the link 

Section C. Photo Blog Story. 
TravelogueToday's Almora. Gallery No - 0

a wider view of Himalaya from Mall Road Almora. photo Raj Kishan.

terraced field at the sloap of the Almora Hills : photo Raj Kishan

the Almora valley lost in the mist. FalsimaAlmora. photo Raj Kishan.


Sun setting behind the Almora Hills : click Raj Kishan.


a view of my Almora town in my eyes : photo Raj Kishan


Almora town somewhere lost beneath the clouds : photo Raj Kishan




the town always being blessed by the Goddess Nanda : photo Raj Kishan

Gairar Golu Devta Dham Almora : photo Raj Kishan.


an angle of Budden Meorial Church Almora : photo Raj Kishan.










.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5.Chapter 8.S.St.Respecting Regional Differences

4.Chapter 4.S.St

IX.Civics.Chapter2.What is Democracy Why Democracy